Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I found a kitten and her bottom teeth seem to be out of

Customer Question

I found a kitten and her bottom teeth seem to be out of alignment and her bot***** *****p on the left seems to be hanging open. The gums also look swollen and red and bloody.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: I'm calling her Arial
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: She seems to be otherwise healthy, eating well. I cleaned the lower gums with hydrogen peroxide as it seemed infected and smelled. That has helped it appears not as red and not smelling anymore
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Can this poor kitten close her mouth completely?

Can she eat and drinking normally?

Can you take a photo of her mouth to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.