Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat injured his left front leg,he seems to hop around not

Customer Question

my cat injured his left front leg,he seems to hop around not using it, he's a outdoor cat it's about 2 days now he let's me touch it though so,what can i do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: he must of
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: tiger
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about tiger?
Customer: no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It needs to be determined if this is a break or something less permanent like an abscess that needs to be drained. Outdoor cats, especially if still intact, are prone to getting into spats with other cats that result in bite wounds that can become infected. I would highly recommend an exam for Tiger to determine what has happened. If this is a break, the bone may need to be set and casted/splinted, pinned or even amputated. If this is an abscess, sedation is often needed and the wound to be lanced and drained.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is your companion doing?