Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cats eye is twitching at times, he is laying down a lot

Customer Question

My name is akoshua. My cats eye is twitching at times, he is laying down a lot and a bit limp. He hind legs are shaking at times and they appear to be weak
Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is not eating a lot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am I being charged yet
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, Akoshua.

I just have a few questions to better understand the situation.

How old is your cat?

What is his name?

How long has he been exhibiting these symptoms?

Thanks,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My cat is 6 months old. His name is Ginger. He has been having these symptoms for 3 days
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I forgot to say he also has bad breath
Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hi again, and thanks for your very helpful reply.

Ginger is a young kitten and these symptoms can be caused by various medical conditions. If he has bad breath, he may have an oral infection or is nauseous and this is why he is not eating.

At this time, it would be advisable to have Ginger seen by a vet, as soon as possible (tonight), so he can be evaluated in person, diagnosed and treated. I wouldn't wait any longer; because he has been experiencing these symptoms for 3 days and is a young cat.

I hope you can have him seen tonight. What you described can't be treated at home. We don't have enough information.

I hope all will be well with Ginger and please let me know how he's doing and what the vet's findings are. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the website for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply to Expert' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, Akoshua.

I'm just checking in with you to see how Ginger is doing.

Were you able to have him seen by a vet? If not, for the moment, you can give him 1/4 of a 10 mg. tablet of Pepcid AC (Famotidine), every 12 hours, if you can find this in your area. It is an acid controller and will help settle his stomach and calm any nausea. Here is more information:

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

-----------------

If he still appears weak, he may have an infection in his system which needs to be treated with antibiotics, which can only be prescribed by the vet.

I hope you are able to or have already had him seen and he is on the road to recovery!

Please let me know if you found my answers helpful. Thank you!

Please keep me posted on how your little one is doing. Thanks!

If you need any additional information, just click 'Reply to Expert.'

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cerecita