Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He was seen last week at the vet. I can tell he does not

Customer Question

He was seen last week at the vet. I can tell he does not feel very well, licking lips, weight loss, less active, loss of appetite. They did blood work which showed a few abnormalities. Their main concern is CRF and hyperthyroidism but I am concerned that there might be some other things going on that are being missed. I was just hoping for another vets opinion on the findings. Sometimes I feel they are too busy to really look over the numbers, but they are very good.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: sorry! 16 yo cat
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes. a 16 year old cat
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: history of Inflammatory Bowel Disease - was hospitalized about 10 yrs ago for it, history of diabetes - currently in remission, positive urine culture for e. coli, I also have his CBC
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Can you confirm if his kidney values or thyroid values were elevated?

What treatments is he on just now?

Is the urine culture result recent?