Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I was unpacking my Halloween costume and took the wigs hair

Customer Question

I was unpacking my Halloween costume and took the wigs hair net off and went into the other room with it and when I came back, it was gone. I have two cats. I looked everywhere and cannot find the net, but they are both acting normally.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: They are both about 2 years old, Theo and Jet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Theo?
Customer: I'm worried one of them ate the net
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If one of them consumed the net, this might be a life-threatening concern as it can cause a gastric blockage. Symptoms to watch for in the days to come include vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal cramping, avoidance of food or water, lethargy, etc. If symptoms arise in either, you will need to have an exam performed promptly. If 5 days pass without any symptoms, it's likely that neither of them consumed the net.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800