Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat is scratching and chewing herself. She doesn't have

Customer Question

My cat is scratching and chewing herself. She doesn't have fleas. It started about a month ago. I gave her a liquid I bought from a pet store in her water, it didn't help. She eats Science diet sensitive stomach and skin.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's about 10 yrs. old. The flea medication I used was from the vet. She very difficult to handle, I don't know if I can get her in a carrier. She's actually my boyfriends cat. He only took her to the vet once. He could never get her in the carrier again. The stuff I put in the water was for itching.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about shadow?
Customer: She's eating ok and is still acting the same.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty. Can you tell me if she has any abnormalities on the skin? Any scabs or wounds or bumps?