Ronald Reupert
Ronald Reupert,
Experience:  Owner from 1994 until 2010 at Animal Health Care-North LTD
77653326

We adopted a rescue cat 2 year old Tux. She was seen on

Customer Question

We adopted a rescue cat 2 year old Tux. She was seen on Monday and diagnosed with upper respitory infection and was given antibiotics. She has not eaten anything since Saturday she will drink some. We have offered her dry, moist, wet cat food, baby food, chicken broth to no avail. Her infection is better but I am really worried . She is not stressed or scared she is very friendly and seems happy. Any suggestions?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: We don't have any history since she was at a shelter. She was spayed, has her vaccinations on Oct. 4th. They did not tell us how she was eating but we bought the same food they were feeding her.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Ronald Reupert replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** am a licensed vet with 33 yrs experience. If the signs of infection seem better, and she still won't eat, it may be the antibiotic causing nausea without vomiting. I don't like it when cats do not eat because it can trigger liver problems. I would stop the antibiotic, and use a syringe to force feed small amounts of liquefied meat baby food, or a cat food called a/d. If she still wont eat in 24 hrs, I would bring her in to the vet for an appetite stimulant.

If you have more questions please write back. Thanks

Please rate me if you don't have more questions

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Ronald Reupert