Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

He might have eaten one of my Tablets of Relacore "belly

Customer Question

He might have eaten one of my Tablets of Relacore "belly fat" pills that I just bought? It's been 15 minutes and he's not showing any signs of distress, but I'm worried he might.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Male cat. 16 months old.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern about your cat.

I reviewed the ingredient list of this product and none of the ingredients would appear to pose a significant problem for him....certainly not as a one time ingestion.

I might expect gastroenterologist signs such as vomiting (usually within 30 minutes) or possibly diarrhea (within 12-24 hours) but that's about all.

In case you were wondering, I wouldn't advise that you induce vomiting since it's far too easy for aspiration to be a secondary consequence in cats when administering something such as hydrogen peroxide (commonly used in dogs to induce vomiting).

I would expect him to be just fine.

I hope this helps to reassure you about him. Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

I'm just following up on your cat. I assume he's doing fine but just wanted to double check. Deb