Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat just peed on my bed while i was sleeping, she had

Customer Question

my cat just peed on my bed while i was sleeping, she had done this in the past but never when i was sleeping in it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** year old Maine Coon and last year when she started peeing all over the house in inappropriate places we took her to the vet and the dr, said that she was having kidney issues, and said that we should just keep an eye on it, always have water etc etc..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about kismet?
Customer: she just came from the vet again tonight after dripping urine and not being able to pee. so the dr started her antibiotics and is in the midst of doing a lab work urine analysis
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Were the results of the urinalysis and blood work given to you this evening?

If so, how are her kidney values?

Is your largest concern that she urinated in bed tonight?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She has urinated on our other bed 4 × before but never when I was sleeping get in it. We didn't get the lab results yet.

I suspect that this is probably a symptom due to either progressive kidney concerns or a bladder infection. Because your vet started her on antibiotics, I anticipate that is likely due to their suspicion of a bladder infection, too. Although she's been started on them, it will take a few days before they are effective and in that time you may still see some symptoms of her trying to bring attention to her predicament (inappropriate box usage, urinating on the bed, etc). Unfortunately, you just happened to be in the bed this time. I don't think you need to take any overnight course of action, but just expect that this symptom is linked to her not feeling well. As soon as the antibiotics are working she should stop urinating on the bed. It may be worth placing her into a room on her on for a few days to give the antibiotics time to work. She may, over the next few days, continue to use the bathroom in the bed.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion doing? Is there any further help I can provide to you?