Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

We have a kind of wild cat we been feeding for 4 months we

Customer Question

we have a kind of wild cat we been feeding for 4 months we would like to calm him and take to vet so we can keep him we don't know how
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: diesel
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about diesel?
Customer: he lets my husband pet him he comes close to him twice a day for food i think he getting old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for giving this care to Diesel. That is good that you want to take him to the vet to get him care through them. They can check him over and then get him current on his vaccines. They will check him over and treat him for possible ear mites, fleas, and intestinal parasites too. I'll be honest and say that there really isn't anything that you can give to him to calm him down for this trip. What would be best is to continue to socialize him and to get him used to interactions with people. The more time he's around you and your husband, the more he'll be ok with that trip. Now in saying that, there are some totally socialized house cats that are pure chaos at the vet's office. Some cats just don't have personalities that allow them to be good in cars or at the vet's office.