Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He's in diabetic ketoacidosis and I'm trying to keep him

Customer Question

He's in diabetic ketoacidosis and I'm trying to keep him alive
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry the cat has that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Wyatt, about 8-1/2 yo
JA: How old is Wyatt?
Customer: about 8-1/2 yo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Wyatt?
Customer: He's diabetic, otherwise was in good health. Vomiting, not eating, drinking, lost significant weight due to diabetes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has Wyatt been diagnosed with diabetes for? Is he in the hospital now or at home?