Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 13 year old cat, Rosey, is having problems with her

Customer Question

My 13 year old cat, Rosey, is having problems with her kidneys. She drinks a lot of water. She's throws up a lot and is losing weight. She's been to the vet and has the medicines to treat the kidney disease, but are there any natural remedies I can give her to help her keep her food down?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rosey?
Customer: She's still in good spirits and still likes to play. She has these bad days, then she is so hungry afterwards. She has no other medical problems otherwise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What kidney medications is she on just now?

Have her kidney values on bloods worsening or gotten better on these treatments?