Dr.D
Dr.D, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Veterinarian for 27 years. Licensed in Canada and in the USA.
27194348

My dashunds has to swollen painful Lumps on her belly

Customer Question

My dashunds has to swollen painful Lumps on her belly possible her milk glad how should I treat them ? I am very concerned
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr.D replied 1 month ago.

Hello there ,

Thank you for the question ,

I am DrD , I will try to answer to your question ,

Mammary tumors are most commonly diagnosed in dogs ages 9 - 11 years. I do not want to scare you but If your dog is unspayed, was known to have had puppies, or was spayed in adulthood, she fits into the high-risk group for mammary cancer development . The good news, if there is some, is that approximately 50% of the tumors formed by female dogs are benign. Since you cannot tell by looking at a tumor which it is, the tumor must be removed or a part of the tumor must be sampled for biopsy. The laboratory can determine whether the tumor is benign or malignant based on the cells and their architecture within the tissue.

I recommend to take your dog for hands on exam ASAP.

I hope this helps. Good luck . DrD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr.D replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please click accept amd please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
Expert:  Dr.D replied 1 month ago.
Hi Christy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr.D