Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

She has a large mass on her right side. It extends out from

Customer Question

She has a large mass on her right side. It extends out from her body and and is swollen and reddish. However, recently it apparently opened and fluid drained from it.. So now there's an open cavity (small opening) that seems to continue to drain periodically. Our cat is 14 year of age. She's still eating, but not as she once did and still frequents her litter box. I've noticed that after eating, she oftentimes throws up what resembles spit or acid. .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: No, I suppose that's it. She loves to get on my lap (on top of a towel) and sleep/rest. She has started sleeping in places where she never did before (closets), or under pieces of furniture where she can retreat.. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you send pictures of the mass?
2) When did it open?
3) What type of material was contained within?
4) Is she indoors only?
5) When did she last have blood work performed?
6) Any weight loss?