Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I took in a rescue - 10 month old kitten. At first she was

Customer Question

I took in a rescue - 10 month old kitten. At first she was great but became more & more hyper. She would race around first from table to table knocking everything off. Then she would race into the bedroom jump on my bed jumped on the windowsill ran down the window sill and jumped on my chest. Needless to say I did not get a lot of sleep. Even when I put her outside and close the door she would cry and cry and cry and cry. My vet suggested a calming collar. I put it on her and she is definitely calmer. But at some point along the line she has started to urineate outside the litter box and tonight urinated on a brand-new blanket I just put on my bed. She uses the litter box to poop But for some reason she urinates everywhere else. I don't know what to do to help her I'm afraid if I take the collar off she'll go back to her her old way of being so manic. Any suggestions? She can be so sweet and loving. I can't imagine giving her up.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is Zara spayed?
2) Has an examination been performed since Zara began urinating outside the box?
3) Is she declawed?