Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

Thank you for the reply. What steroids do you recommend we

Thank you for the reply.
What steroids do you recommend we use?
We are using meat broth only. Did you recommend chicken only for taste?
Protandim protocol includes
(1) Gold Std Organic Sulfur Crystals 2lb 99.9 pure MSM
(2) Liph Solutions Ultimate PH Balance -2 oz
(3) Potassium Vit C as Potassium Ascrobate/Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C (Which of these is better?)
(4) Protandim - there are two. NRF2 Synergizer and NRF1. Which one should we use?
Are these products the ones we need to use in the protocol and how should we use them for our cat? For people, it recommends that MSM/LIPH are taken first (twice a day) and 30 mins later Vitamin C and Protandim are taken together.

Hello again,

No, you can use any meat broth but I find low salt chicken ones easier for clients to use. But if you can make fresh broth for her daily, then any meat is fine. Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** we tend to use quite high doses of Prednisone. If your vet doesn't have a protocol for using these already, then we'd just use the Protandim itself. We would not use the Sulfur, skip the Liph (its only Modified liquid silicate, purified water anyway) and Vitamin C isn't really something we use in cats. Our focus would be the Protandium itself or you could break this down and use each component. To start, the ones we do have dosing ranges for cats are Milk Thistle extract (Silybum marianum) at a dose of 10 mg per pound daily; Green tea extract (polyphenols/L-Theanine) at a dose of 150-200 milligrams daily; and Turmeric at a dose of 150-200milligrams daily as well. The other two would be components that your vet would need to dose to effect for her.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

**Afterwards, please rate my service on both questions by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited by the site for helping you. There is no extra charge for doing this. Thank you!: )

Hi Eddie,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 16 hours ago.
Hi Dr B.,Thanks for following up.The vet we are using is a guy called Ates Barut who runs Pet Code in Ankara. He also trained at Animal Medical Center in NY. We spoke with him again and voiced our concern regarding the impact of 9 sessions, the need to be hospitalized, the force feeding and the quality of life in whatever extension Zeytin might gain. We discovered that he carried out the same operation on his Pug dog and did the radiotherapy a year ago. The dog has lost a lot of its bark but is alive and living a good life. Though he cannot guarantee anything, he believes that Zeytin can handle the therapy. He says that 70% of cases have no side effects. so, we believe that our pet has a chance and so we have moved to Ankara for the treatment.She will get a tomography today - Ates checked her yesterday by hand and did not feel any new tumor. The test will show the reality. She will start her treatment tomorrow. We can take her to our hotel between treatments and this is a huge thing for us. We believe that, like people, animals morale and recovery is better when they are around those who love them at times of serious illness. We understand that the feeding is a bigger problem for the humans than the animals who seem less aware... Our finances take hit but it will be worth it if we can give Zeytin a bit longer in comfort with us.Wish us luck!!!Thanks for your other advices which we will use - much appreciated.