Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My is Madge. I was wondering my cat Rivka had a problem with

Hi my is Madge. I was wondering my cat Rivka had a problem with her left hind leg and I am taking her to the Vet tomorrow. Can I give her a 1/4 of a tablet of aspirin to get her through the night? I have no baby aspirin. Thank you.

Hello Madge, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern about Rivka. I typically don't like to give aspirin to cats since it can be toxic for them but I have done so on a few occasions as long as the patient isn't vomiting and if the benefits outweigh the risks.

The dose for a cat would be 82 mg (low dose) every three days which would calculate to 1/4th of a 325 mg tablet. I usually advise that this drug be given with food to avoid stomach upset.

If you do give Rivka this drug tonight, I know you'll be certain to mention it to your vet if you have her seen tomorrow.

I hope this helps. Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Dr. Deb. you are great!

You're more than welcome.

Best of luck with Rivka. Kind regards, Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you. Rivka is sleeping so I won't bother her.

By the way, I closed the other question you posted since there's no reason for you to be charged twice for the same question.

I would let her sleep as well if I were you. No sense waking her to give her medication at this point. Deb