Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I need to worm my adult cat an I would like to use a herbal

Customer Question

I need to worm my adult cat an I would like to use a herbal liquid that works. don't want to use chemical type meds. help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Ms.Minnie, she is a tortoise shell
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ms.Minnie,?
Customer: she get allergic scratching from something, but I treat her with aloe vera combed into her fur to skin under her chin, I use a flea comb on her at least 3-4 times a day, and only produced maybe a small flea once in a while. no other problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are you seeing any worms in her stool? If so, please describe.

Are you open to natural remedies that are non-chemical but also non-herbal?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have see her scoot on her hiney while outside. checked her anus and saw a small white wiggly worm which I attempted to remove with tweezers, but she does not like u messing with her bot***** *****ke that. yes I am open to natural remedies.

It sounds like tapeworms are your concern. If you do not want to use medications used for tapeworms in the veterinary profession, consider using diatomaceous earth. DE is naturally occurring in the environment and inert. It can also be used topically to help with fleas.

Instructions here: https://www.diatomaceousearth.com/diatomaceous-earth-for-dogs-cats/
DE here: https://jet.com/product/detail/814faec882034597ac1fb380e77bd31c?jcmp=pla:ggl:gen_jd_animals_pet_supplies_a3:pet_supplies_pet_vitamins_supplements_a3_other:na:PLA_344688180_23648758740_aud-175702693980:pla-182939454300:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=gen_jd_animals_pet_supplies_a3&ds_cid=&ds_ag=pet_supplies_pet_vitamins_supplements_a3_other&product_id=814faec882034597ac1fb380e77bd31c&product_partition_id=182939454300&gclid=CLeVq7qR4s8CFQqDfgodqG4Kvg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion doing today?