PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I got some cats dumped on me that have had horrible care.

I got some cats dumped on me that have had horrible care. Dirty, and thin etc. One can barely lift up his head and has a swollen red belly. I am not sure if it is external pests or just starvation belly. We got the male to drink last night but not today.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: I think the cats are all approx 7 1 male Diablo and two females Charlie and Frankie I was at work when they brought them and am now but in contact with family at home. They have been only stopping by to feed and water them....in an apartment where they are not living right now. They needed to get them out of the building but did not tell me about the horrible care.....of course now they feel horrible and guilty.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: I know very little, actually so that is all for now.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Are you seeing fleas in the dirt on them?
2) Are these cats that were indoors?
3) Can you share some video of them or a few pictures so that I may get an idea of their condition?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not there right now. I do not know about fleas. I can ask the people at the house. They were inside and I am concerned they did not get enough water. The people who brought them were feeling awful, but this is horrible.

See what information you can collect. The more I know, the better I can help. I will be near my computer for the rest of the evening, so there's no rush on collecting this info.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I hope to take them in the morning at least. I am at work.

I'll keep an eye out for additional posts this evening.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks

No problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I finally have a vet tech coming to the house, so I will not need any advise right now. Thanks for being patient.

Happy to help. Let me know if I can help further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will and thanks again

No problem.