Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Why my cat can not can not pass his urine for several days

Customer Question

why my cat can not can not pass his urine for several days now even after i took him to the clinic and the cathetaze him and empty his bladder
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my cat has not been passing his urine nor his poop since Wednesday took him to the veterinarian clinic that has been treating him since he was a baby kitten .They diagnose his condition as urine detention and inserted a catheter because his bladder was fully blown up so they had to drain the urine out they kept him there for two nights and send him home .with medication Onsior 6mg and c/d multi care proscription diet food. The following day he remain the same although he goes to the litter box and tried nothing comes out then he would come out and staggered then lay down and when i tried to lift him up he cried out like in pain , so i took him back and they said his bladder was full again and they will have to re-catheterize him again after that they kept him overnight and told me that he still did not pass any urine or poop on his own but i should come and pick him up with some additional medication Diazepam 5mg to relieve urethral spasms and observe him . I have been observing him doing the same thing trying to go but nothing passing out even though i could see him straining. I am very concern and want to know if the neutering / spaying could relate to some complication now. I am very worried about my cat he is my best friend and my child
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can you tell me what tests his vet has done?

Is he not passing urine or is he unable to pass urine?

Did