Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

Blood in urine not eating, Boo shes 12, Boo, she has lost

Customer Question

blood in urine not eating
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Boo shes 12
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Boo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: she has lost weight
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Boo's condition. This blood in the urine could indicate a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) that is causing her this discomfort. If she is urinating frequently and straining, this could be the problem. This will require veterinary attention to treat Boo for this condition since antibiotics will be required.

For now, go to the pet store and purchase a product called Methigel. Give Boo a dose of this on her nose every 4 hrs. This is a urinary acidifier that causes the urine to be in an acid state so the bacteria cannot grow. This will not cure this but will prevent further bacterial growth until you can get her to your vet.

Take your sweet Boo to your vet as soon as possible. Failure to treat this especially in males, can cause crystals that could block the urinary tract and cause a life threatening condition. For Boo, this will cause great pain.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****