Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

He was find yesterday and today I had to rush him to vet

Customer Question

he was find yesterday and today I had to rush him to vet ...his temp is at least 5 degrees lower than normal....9 yr old healthy male...he was good last night at ten this morning he was at vet....waiting for info back from him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: josh
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about josh?
Customer: pesticide guy was here and got that info to him ....cuban frog nasty but not poisonous and I have never seen a giant marine toad here.....
JA: Did you see what josh ate?
Customer: not if he ate something outside but he was chasing something outside before i got him in...that is why i call vet and told him about the frogs he normally eats in one place in the house
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Josh, please? Toad (Bufo species) toxicity is more likely to cause hyperthermia rather than hypothermia due to the catecholamines ("adrenalin") in the parotid secretions of those toads.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?