Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

She was lost outside for 4 nights doing the recent storm.She

Customer Question

She was lost outside for 4 nights doing the recent storm.She came back and must have trapped some where she nose was skinned and her front paw is tender.She has been fixed and solmon leaves.She does have appetile.What would be good to feed her.I have tried canned food that she usually likes.She acts like it burns her mouth.Any suggestions?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kelly,she is about a year old.She had alitter of 3 kittens.We found her out on the side of the road where some one dumped her with 3 kittens that were just started to walk.It was appearent she was an inside cat. I couldn't believe how mean people can be.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kelly?
Customer: She very sweet.She was coughing a little yesterday and she eyes was matted and it looked like she had been crying. I had called and looked for her every where.I cieaned her up.She seened better today but food and water worries me.I took to a low cost vet that fixed her but he was in surgery and I am on fixed income I couldn"t afford the regular vet until my check comes. Any suggestion would be apprecited.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 15 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Evans, do you have time for a phone conversation?

Expert:  Terri replied 15 days ago.

I am so sorry your baby was injured.

You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:

You can get it in Walmart. It is safe to ingest.

Get her a few jars of chicken baby food with no onion powder.warm it to bring out the aroma. Feed her that until her mouth heals.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,