Drhollowayvet
Drhollowayvet,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital
92209471

She was moving slow this morning. Hiding under the bed no

Customer Question

She was moving slow this morning. Hiding under the bed no energy. Now I get home and my husband says she can even walk. She has no visable cuts or bumps.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sparkle and she is 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sparkle?
Customer: I was spraying out side for blackwidows. We have had quite a few. I rinsed off the patio after words.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian.

I Understand that your pet Sparkle was lethargic this morning and now isn't moving. This is very concerning for a cat especially.

Can you please look at her gum color. Are they white or pink?

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Black near hereally top teeth. Tongue was pink.

Did she come into direct contact with the area that was sprayed with insecticides while the product was still down, before the rinse?

- Dr. H

Oh she has black gums? No pink areas there? Sometime you can look on the upper inside lip to tell for sure.

The tongue is not a good indicator of shock, so it can't really be used here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No she wasn't in area when sprayed. She might havery gone by later. But not within 10 minutes of me spraying.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is some pink.

Ok. It doesn't really sound like a toxicity from bug spray/insecticide; however wanted to check here.

There is an internal issue going on and without a physical examination or blood testing I cannot say what that is. However some things to consider are a heart condition, severe anemia, or a blood parasite just to name a few.

A cat should never be lethargic to this degree. Cats are masters at hiding illness and I am overly concerned about Sparkle's stability here and I feel she should seek veterinary medical attention right away to have some tests ran. This isn't something you want to wait and see what happens because she has overt signs that she is in serious trouble here.

- Dr. H

She does not appear to be in shock, because her gums are pink. However there is something seriously affecting her cardiovascular system and stability.

Are you able to get her heartrate?

Do you have any questions about my recommendations so far?