Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have nine cats. All recue cats. The latest I've had about

Customer Question

I have nine cats. All recue cats. The latest I've had about a year. Francis Clarence (AKA Buddy) came to us on 9/24/2015. He was a stray that a friend picked up. From the beginning he would run along side the male cats, throw an arm around the neck and try to bring the cat down. He plays hard, and broke a leg slamming into a sliding glass door. He was an angel during recovery--very co-operative, except he still wanted to bite cats. For a few weeks he has been focusing on the physically littlest female (feral) cat. He chases and attacks her, bites. I am going to be away for several weeks. My husband wants to send Buddy to board with an elderly couple while we leave our grandson and maid to care for the others. What can I do to stop Buddy from trying to kill Jackie Rose?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the stray cat have a fall?
Customer: His broken leg occurred when he was chasing other cats, and slammed into the sliding glass door. That was months ago. He is healed. However he did fall recently. He is somewhat awkward sometimes.
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Francis Clarence, also known as Buddy. Don't you read the notes I have already typed?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Francis Clarence?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 17 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Evans, are you available now to talk?