Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

One has lymphona and is getting chemo as a liquid in her

Customer Question

One has lymphona and is getting chemo as a liquid in her food. Our other cat has started vomiting. They do not share the food with the Rx in it, though they do share other food, we reuse the chemo food bowls and they share litterboxes. Could any of this make our other cat vomit?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: To clarify, we do wash the chemo food bowls between use.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Mitsu is 11, and she is the one undergoing chemo. Thorin is 10. They are both Bengals.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mitsu?
Customer: She has had a couple of ultrasounds as her intestines have been inflamed. She is also on a liquid steroid.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 16 days ago.

HI. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your cats. Can you tell me more specifically what chemotherapy medication is being added to Mitsu's food? How long ago did Thorin start to vomit? Is she the one that has had the couple of ultrasounds and is on the liquid steroid?