Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Cat has something stuck 9, Cat has somet sting stuck in her

Customer Question

Cat has something stuck 9
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: Cat has somet sting stuck in her throat I've been throwing up and she's trying really hard to get it out she keeps coughing we can just tell she's been up all night I don't know what to do for and she's not friendly cat it's not a people-friendly can't help that do I try for something I can try
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: I don't know I was at work all day yesterday I noticed last night she was hungry she ate but she picked it up she hasn't slept at all I can tell she's tired
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Spook
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Spook?
Customer: I don't know she's trying real hard to get it up she keeps coughing you can tell by the way she swallows 12 like she has a sore throat and a person has a sore throat I don't know what to do should I try some honey should I don't know what to do I'm kind of worried about him I actually I'm a lot worried about him
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Which of these videos does Spook sound like? Is he still eating?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sounds more like the first video and yes he still eating or she sorry but she still coughing like she trying to cough something up and I don't know hairball should I go buy some hairball medicine. She didn't puke this food up but you picked up the food I gave her last night all over and I think she puked yesterday morning early but I'm not for sure it was her as I have 3 other cats to she's not a Friendly Cat so she won't let me pick her up and feel her neck and throat so I'm not even going to try she's got an attitude problem she will let you pet her when she wants to be petted I call her My Cat From Hell but she was my ex-husband's cat and he passed and she was left alone for 3 days because no one knew and that it took two weeks to finally catch her and I brought her home and she lived in my bedroom for six months before she would come out so she has had a rough time she likes you nobody except for me and I don't trust her sometime either but yeah there's something wrong I mean she's acting okay so I think I'm going to go buy some hairball medicine and try that and she's a short haired cat but still something stuck in her throat some place

If she's eating, it doesn't sound like anything is stuck otherwise the food wouldn't go down to the stomach. The first video is a cat attempting to produce a hairball, which is normal for coated cats who ingest their own fur. If she's still eating, hairball remedy would be wise. Look for laxatone or petromalt at any pet store. You can mix this into the food or give orally. You can also increased the fiber in the food by mixing in 1 tbsp of canned pumpkin per meal with her food.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 days ago.

Checking in, JACustomer. How is your companion doing?