Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Cat is 15 yrs old has a sore under chin spent over 400

Customer Question

cat is 15 yrs old has a nasty sore under chin spent over 400 dollars and was told it was cat acne but it is still there and getting worse, I am very upset about this it doesn't seem to bother him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about cat?
Customer: no but I also told him now that you mentioned it that he is also sneezing and he gave him a steroid shot which stopped the sneezing for about I month
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat.

I don't want to recommend anything that you have already tried! If this is cat acne, I usually use mupirocin ointment (which is a prescription, but works better than other things I have tried), and/or Douxo pads. If it does not clear up, I next do a skin biopsy (sedation, and use a tiny cookie cutter type instrument to get a sample of the lesion) to get an accurate diagnosis.

If the steroid shot helped the sneezing, he may have allergies and possibly this chin problem is related. Did the skin problem get better after the steroid shot?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
please I want to cancel this membership I don't want any free trials
Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

I can only answer questions about your cat; I answer questions for the website. I can't cancel a membership and do not have access to you account information.

You can contact customer service by using the drop down menu. If you have any more questions about your cat, please let me know.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

Can I help with anything else? Was my answer helpful?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?