Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Noticed blood coming from mouth, looks like sore on gums.

Customer Question

noticed blood coming from mouth, looks like sore on gums. still can eat soft food
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Teddi, 16 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Teddi?
Customer: shes spoiled. Likes cat treats and wet food
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 22 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this situation with Teddi. When I have a cat at my clinic with a similar history, my concerns go toward dental disease or an oral lesion. Could he have some really altered dental pathology due to an infection that has weakened a tooth and it is trying to fall out and is bleeding? Could there be a mass that has been growing in his mouth that has ulcerated? Some can have progressed oral ulcers due to kidneys not working well too. Honestly, the best thing I can recommend is to get him to your vet so they can do a very good oral exam to see what the next step is. Could this just require a short course of antibiotics for an infection or is something more needed?