Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has been licking her anis the last couple of days and

Customer Question

My cat has been licking her anis the last couple of days and now the hair around it is gone and the anis is a bit swollen. I have put on penaten cream and it seemed to work for a few hours but then wears off. what is causing this? she did have a couple of allergys in the last two years. one in the ear and one in a paw. I used her isaderm gel and prednisolone which I do not want to use because of the side effects. Is this another allergy or is she anxious because our other cat died a couple of months ago?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is she having any problems with defecation?