Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Gregg, My cat was hospitalized and left the vet in great

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Gregg,My cat was hospitalized and left the vet in great condition, but once again he is pushing to pee and peeing with some blood in the urine. He was given antibiotic recommended which I bought here and sent to Venezuela, also sent him special food. He is not able to hold his urine, he is peeing small amounts everywhere. He is eating well, drinking water and good energy. Any suggestions?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry but Dr. Gregg is not available but I would like to help.

It may be that Puncho needs also a muscle relaxer to help him over this or that he has other crystals or stones that are causing him problems. If this is merely a UTI, this can cause havoc with his urinary tract and this requires a muscle relaxer from your vet. I would certainly have your vet examine Puncho again to be sure there are no larger stones or crystals that are blocking the outflow from his bladder. There is also a possibility of bladder cancer although this is unlikely due to his young age. It is a good sign that he is eating and drinking well and it may only be that he needs more time on the antibiotics. I would have your vet check again to be sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.
Hi Sheila,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Puncho. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta