Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I found a female cat that was starving and thirsty. She is

Customer Question

I found a female cat that was starving and thirsty. She is dragging her left leg. It is swollen and turns inwards.For the past 24 hours she has peed but not pooped. She had eaten well and had finished one can of cat food as well as drinking water. I don't have the means to spend a lot of money and am wondering what I can do.She is about 9 months old, very sweet, moves around slowly, and plays a bit.What remedies can I manage on my own?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Huera. She is a tabby. She was crying yesterday but became appeased with food and water and had hardly meowed today.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Huera?
Customer: I just wonder if she might be injured internally and if that is causing her constipation. Thank you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has Huera been scanned for a microchip?
2) Can you post video of her affected limb?
3) Does she appear in normal body condition? Is she skinny?
4) Any failed attempts to use a cat box? Is she trying and not able to produce anything or just not interested in going?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry but I fell asleep.1. She has not been scanned for a microchip.
2. I will send a picture.3. She is not that skinny.4. Hoorah! She went to the bathroom at 5 in the morning.

I'll be standing by for pictures.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am driving right now and it might be about another hour or two before I'm able to send you a picture. Thank you.

Perfect.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried sending the picture but it won't upload.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion doing?