Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I had to put down my cat a couple days ago from a major

Customer Question

I had to put down my cat a couple days ago from a major stroke. I'm now worried that it was caused by my recent use of essential oils for my own autoimmune conditions. Specifically clove oil. Could clove oil (not ingested in large amount but indirectly exposed) cause a stroke or the start of blood clots? Thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: No. I just want to know if this could be a cause. Especially since I have another cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am so sorry to learn you had to put your cat to sleep, I know how difficult this must be for you. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old was your cat?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?