Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

2yr-old Chinchilla, litter trained well as a kitten, but has

Customer Question

2yr-old Chinchilla, litter trained well as a kitten, but has now been urinating on furniture for about 6 months. Vet checked for urine infection but ok. Tried Felliway diffuser & Clomical tablets but still happening on irregular occasions when left unsupervised. She is the youngest of 4 cats & likes to be dominant. there are 5 litter trays in 2 locations & she uses them for defaecation. Trays changed regularly. Any suggestions?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: She is spoilt Princess Aurora.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: No, quite healthy & fully immunised. She does startle at any unusual noise or when someone comes to the house, & likes to waylay the other cats & give them a swipe.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Very long 8 minutes wait! If the time zone is an issue, please give me a more accurate estimate.
Expert:  Terri replied 23 days ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 23 days ago.

I am so sorry you had to wait so long. There is a time difference in the USA.

May I please have more information about Princess Aurora so I can figure out what is causing this problem?

Is she spayed?

How long is she soiling furniture?

What does she eat

Who is the head kitty of the colony?

Where does she fit in?

After you reply please give me time to read over the info and type detailed answer.