Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital

My cat got in a fight today when he was put and I noticed

Customer Question

My cat got in a fight today when he was put and I noticed that his ear is ripped. I washed it and put anti septic on it but since then he has his under a chair in the spare bedroom. My grandparents are also on holiday so I don't know if that may also be contributing to the stress. Should I take him to the vet or leave it a day to see how he progresses?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 23 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help. Cat fight wounds can become infected pretty quickly and ear injuries are painful. There are, unfortunately, no safe over the counter pain medications. This may be why he is hiding. Cleaning it was a great step, but if he continues to hide, I'd recommend a vet visit. They will start antibiotics and pain meds for him.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.