Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

Can i use happy light by verilux for my cats

Customer Question

can i use happy light by verilux for my cats
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 19 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now there is not a lot of research on the use of these lights in cats, but there have been some suspicion that indoor cats can actually be sensitive to SAD just like people. This is because indoor cats often don't get as much natural sunlight as their outdoor counterparts. Therefore, you could choose to use the Happy light when your cat is present. Of course, we want to let him have the option to leave the room when this is on if he wishes to do so. But it would be fine to have it on in his presence and monitor his mood when doing so.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 17 days ago.
Hi Sandra,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sandra Cheszar. How is everything going?

Dr. B.