Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Left side of his face is swollen. I took him to the vet and

Customer Question

left side of his face is swollen. I took him to the vet and they removed several teeth and gave him antibiotics and steroids but swelling remains
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sunsine--he's 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sunsine--he?
Customer: not that I know of
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 22 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had this swelling?

Is it firm or fluidy?

How long has he been on the antibiotics and steroids?

Did his vet xray or sample the mass while he was under anesthesia for his teeth?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.