Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My male cat has licked his fur off his lower part of his

Customer Question

My male cat has licked his fur off his lower part of his stomach cries when I pick him up poops in bath tube vomits now and then I am worried he is about 9 years old I have some medication for upper respiratory for casts will that help I am on a fixed income.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 25 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has he had any medical workup for the defecating in the tub?
2) When was blood work and urinalysis last run?
3) Is he declawed?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No he has not been declawed no blood work on fixed income what do you suggest? So I can ask if I need to take him to a vet.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I already PD 22.00 dollars to just a answer with no answer back are you in this group?!
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 24 days ago.

The best plan for Lillybob will be to start with some blood work and a urinalysis. Underlying organ problems or urinary problems could be to blame for the licking of the fur (discomfort), defecating in the bath tub and vomiting. I would recommend an examination and asking your vet to start with blood work, a thyroid panel and also a urinalysis. This should give you some idea as to why you're seeing the symptoms you're seeing.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: