Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

My kitten ingested canola oil, will she be ok? Melody, shes

Customer Question

my kitten ingested canola oil, will she be ok?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your kitten will be able to digest that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Melody
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Melody?
Customer: shes about 8 weeks old
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your quesiton, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 27 days ago.

I have good news for you. Canola oil is fairly safe. If a few licks is all Melody got then you can expect no problems. If Melody drank alot of the oil then you can expect occaisonal vomiting and diarrhea for 2-3 days. Sometimes the diarrhea can be severe and messy but shouldn't affect her attitude or appetite. If she becomes lethargic stops eating for more than 12 hours or vomits more than 3-4 times then she is at risk for a condition called pancreatitis and her regular vet needs to know right away. However in most cases a little diarrhea is all that will happen and she'll end up being just fine. I hope this helps, if not pleae feel free to ask more quesitons, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 25 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan