Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I noticed one small bump and one that is maybe 2 centimeters

Customer Question

I noticed one small bump and one that is maybe 2 centimeters by 3-4 centimeters doesn't look red or infected and isn't bleeding I'm worried it may of been a snake but she doesn't seem to be in pain and isn't crying either
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: No it's not bleeding at all but near the open puncture looking thing is another one almost like Fangs and no
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 2 months ago.

It doesn't sound like a snake bite to me. Those are usually pretty small punctures and there are 2 that are easy to see.

This sounds more like a skin lump or spider bite or something else. Most of these we're giving a few days to see if they go away on their own. If not, then I would get a needle aspirate to make sure it's not a true skin tumor.

If it is a skin tumor, many are curative if we catch it early and remove it. I think that's unlikely, but it's good to have a just in case plan.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.