Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My kitten is just over a year old. About a month or so ago

Customer Question

hi - my kitten is just over a year old. About a month or so ago she stopped eating, became really weak, her pupils are dilated, and she seems to salivate a lot. I took her to the vets several times, gave her an injecton of vitamin B to boost her immune system, and antibacterial injections - they seemed to result in a brief period of imporvement both times, but after a week she went weak again. She is now at another vets, dehydrated so on a drip, looking a bit perkier but still weak and very calm, not eating masses. Blood tests have shown nothing wrong, and ruled out Porto shunt. The vet is now saying we need to do some neurological tests, but the bill is already over £1000 - I was insured up to £1000 of vet fees per year, and cant possibly afford many hundreds of pounds spent on diagnosis..
Would you have some advice? I dont know what to do.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 24 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you share copies of blood work and other diagnostics that have been performed?
2) How long have you had Dusty? Has she always been like this?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I do not have the results. I have had Dusty just over a year (I had her she was just a 5 week old kitten). She was very healthy and bouncy up until a couple of months ago.Audrey

Are you able to obtain the results? If not, can you tell me what was done as far as diagnostics? CBC? Chemistry? Any fecal testing? Was blood sent to a lab, and any specific tests performed?