Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

A few days after starting store bought ear mite medication

Customer Question

A few days after starting store bought ear mite medication she started sneezing.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: I have not been to a vet. I've had cats for 30 years and knew it was ear mites so I just picked up some medicine at the grocer. Her name is ***** ***** is about 11years old. 10 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frankie?
Customer: No
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What was the active ingredient in the drops?

Has she had any nasal discharge? What color? From one or both nostrils?

How long since you stopped the drops has she been sneezing?