Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have adopted a Russian Blue over weight 21 pounds 10 years

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?
Customer: I have adopted a Russian Blue over weight 21 pounds 10 years for 4 months now. My vet said she is healthy. He had to put her out to examine her because the hisses and growls and means it. She loves to be brushed, purrs loud, than can turn on me, looks at me dialated pupils and hisses and growls, won't move away from me and acts like she wants more pets.
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: Only that her owner died and the husband was afraid of germs so kind of isolated her for the next 1.5 years- as far as I know.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 2 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Evans, do you have a few minutes to chat?

Sounds like a behavior issue. I'd recommend chatting on the phone as these can be quite involved!