Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat seems to have been bitten by something. I thought it

Customer Question

My cat seems to have been bitten by something. I thought it was a bee, but it has been 3 days and the swelling has not gone down and he is licking it continuously so it is bleeding. He can't put any weight on his paw and doesn't move around a lot. I am concerned that it is an infection. We did clean it with hydrogen pyroxide and he reacted violently. Should I put a wrap on it with some sort of ointment?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your cat. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: No, he was fine before the paw started to swell. He is a stray that we have taken care of for about a year. He is spayed and has his shots. He is very friendly and lovable. He is a very large Russian Blue.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your answer now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes.

Before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please answer the following,

1. Does your cat wander outside on his own sometimes?