Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital

My cat has cat litter stuck to her foot so when I went to

Customer Question

My cat has cat litter stuck to her foot so when I went to clean her I noticed that one of the pads on her foot was pushed in and now it's sore for her to walk on so I put Neosporin and some sports tape around her foot should I be worried or will it just go away in a week
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help. I would recommend removing the sports tape, it is very easy to put it on too tight and if there is infection, the tissue will try to swell and block blood supply.

If the cat litter was stuck, I suspect it was stuck to oozing or pus from something that has caused infection or trauma to the pad. I would continue the Neosporin, but I'd put it on then give your cat some canned food to distract from licking the pad while it soaks in. I'd then see your vet tomorrow to better assess the wound and determine if antibiotics are needed.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.