Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

I have three kittens 12 weeks old. They have fleas. Today I

Customer Question

I have three kittens 12 weeks old. They have fleas. Today I bought PetArmor Flea and Tic shampoo at the store. About 45 minutes ago I washed them all with it. THEN I noticed the "peel here" on the sticker and read that I should not bathe them with this product unless they are six months old. I repeated their bath (within 30 minutes) with Dawn Ultra dishwashing liquid - as recommended by our local 24 hour vet clinic. Is there anything else I can do?
What should I look for?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

I am so glad that you did the Dawn bath so quickly! If they are fine now, there is likely not going to be a problem. This absorbs quickly and would cause tremors and seizures. If they are not having any symptoms and you already bathed them again, you are likely in the clear. I would wait another half hour, and if there are no tremors, you are safe to go to bed. (unless it's not midnight where you live like it is here... lol)

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Did you get my response?