Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Have a feral cat who was huge, probably 20 to 25 pounds. At

Customer Question

Have a feral cat who was huge , probably 20 to 25 pounds. At least a couple of months ago he developed a skin disease that started on his back hind end, spread to his tail and now his mid section. He is very lethargic and stays very close to the food and water, but he is still eating and drinking. He seems to be wasting away. Has lost a good 5 pounds anyway. What does he have and is there anything I can put in the food to help him. I have tried trapping him, but he is the only feral cat that will not go in the trap. All the other feral have been spayed and nutered.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am very sorry to hear about your kitty! Are you online to discuss him?

Can you describe his skin to me? Is it just balding or do you see scabs or other lesions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It appears to be balding in kind of semi circular areas. I did see one small open wound. No other scabs or lesions.
Expert:  Jess K replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Will this kitty let you pet him or touch him at all? Any idea of his age?

Expert:  Jess K replied 2 months ago.

Hello? Are you still there?