Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

All of a sudden my cat is peeing in the kitchen sink. She

Customer Question

All of a sudden my cat is peeing in the kitchen sink. She still poops in her litter pan. Could this be UTC?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Chloe - about 9 0r 10. Not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 28 days ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Urinary tract infections are common in female cats and present with the symptoms you are describing. I would get her in to a vet as soon as you can to get a urine sample tested and then get her on some antibiotics. Cats can't have over the counter meds, so there's nothing you can do at home. When you take her in, try not to let her urinate for a few hours before she goes there (maybe keep her in the cat carrier for a few hours) so they can get a urine sample.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 27 days ago.

Just making sure... did you get my response?