Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

We recently moved into a new house the end of July. She is

Customer Question

We recently moved into a new house the end of July. She is 13 1/2 years old and seemed to handle the move well. In the past she has thrown up hair balls and pooped on the furniture (usually when I was gone for a period of time), but lately even though I clean her little box out daily she has been pooping on the carpet and also the hardwood floor. She has been throwing up 1-2 times a day (brown thick substance, not hairballs or good substance). Yesterday morning I cleaned out her little box and when I got home (after I cleaned up her mess) I noticed she had only peed once in her little box. She in eating and drinking like normal, but she does consume a lot of water daily.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Thumper
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Thumper?
Customer: Other than she is a drama queen - no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your kitty isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

has she been to the vet recently? any bloodwork recently?

how long has she been drinking a lot?

any current meds or illness?

what is her current diet?

any other pets in home?