Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow,
Experience:  Veterinarian at The Vet Clinic East

I have a 12 yr old cat he was a before adopting me he is

Customer Question

I have a 12 yr old cat he was a Tom before adopting me he is positive for feline AIDS & has squamous cell cancer on nose. The nose has gotten huge and bleeds daily. I think it's time to end his pain but would like to give him some tramadol and maybe a Xanax if possible to reduce his pain for a couple days. What is the dose?hes lost weight--he weighs maybe 10lbs. Yes he's s white cat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** and I can try and assist you today. I cannot give you dosing information without seeing your pet. I understand that may be frustrating! If your vet has seen your kitty, you may be able to call them and have them prescribe a medication called Buprenorphine that you can pick up without having to take him in. It is an opioid pain medication for cats.

Alternatively, you can order some Traumeel off of Amazon and have it shipped pretty quickly. This is a holistic pain medication that can be used in cats and dogs.

It sounds like you love Keelo very much and want to do whats best for him! I'm sorry he is sick!

Please let me know if I can help further!

Dr. Snow